Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let's call this 1/1/11

Okay I was so busy yesterday that I didn't post. So this is my first of the year rambling. No New Year's resolutions, I'm not very good at those I not only fail them, I forget them. Even if I write them down I usually can't remember where I put the list. So because of this absent mindedness I long ago gave up on resolutions. This is probably why I don't do well on diet plans, can't keep track of all the things I'm suppose to do to stay on plan.

Update: 1/9/11

Where have I been and what have I been doing. Working out of course! I slacked on my workouts after the warrior challenge ended and although I was going to the gym I was doing half hearted workout. Just enough to say I showed up. Well as of the 3rd the slacking has stopped. That was the day I headed back to work, the gym and my routine. I'm back to taking classes at the work gym during lunchtime and strength training 3x a week. Oh and we have spin classes at the gym now. I had never taken a spin class but really wanted to try it. OMG that class works the holy H*ll out of you. You know how you do a workout and you want to puke but then you can't wait to do it again. Yeah it's like that. The only problem is there's only 10 bikes and it's on a first come first serve basis. My plan is to do the Tues & Thurs class and if I can't get in I'll do the Arc Trainer for the 45 minutes.

On to other great news. I CAN RUN OUTSIDE AGAIN. I got the okay from my PT and a 2nd opinion from a very trusted source and I was off. Ran 5.24 miles on Friday, slow slow run it took 1:09 minutes. Maybe I should have tried a shorter distant for my first run in two months. My legs felt like lead and my breathing was completely off. But I will not give up. I'm sticking to the outside and will get back on point before my race. Did I mention that a group of us are signing up for a 5K. I have to find one, the St Patty's day run I wanted us to do is an 8K and they are not having it. So hopefully I can find 5K in March or April.

I'm also looking for a half marathon to run. That's right I plan on plunging in the the world of running races. I know I can do it, I did it before but I want the BLING. I've got a lot more to say but I have work to do.

***BE BLESSED***

No comments:

Post a Comment