Friday, June 3, 2011

Fabulous Friday

Although I wanted to I did not run yesterday, I'm determined to stick with the lower mileage plan. I did have two lunchtime class on schedule. First up was Spin class. We worked on speed work and in 40 minutes I burned 508 calories. It was pretty hot in the aerobic room and I joked that we were taking Hot Spin. Immediately after Spin class I had a 30 minute Tri training session. We had to do some kind of assessment workout. Dude this was tough. The goal was to do 600 squats; 500 situps; 400 pushups and 300 mountain climbers. My numbers look more like 500 squats; 300 situps and 225 pushups, in all fairness I started after everyone else. They had like a 5 minute lead on me. Still, I'm proud of numbers and made sure I watched my form. We're going to be assessed again in another couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll improve.

Today I had my "long" run 5 miles....I remember a time when that was my short run. Oh well I be back one day. The run today was awesome. The way it started I almost gave up. That first mile about killed me but I kept telling myself not to stop, just get to 2 miles, like the other day. By the time 2 miles rolled around I was in the zone, wasn't going fast but I was moving without a stop. Made it all the way to 4.6 miles before I stopped. At that point I was a quarter of th way up the hill o'death (this is a one mile stretch straight up). I walked it out for about a minute then began the upward climb again. This time I got another half mile before I had to stop again, didn't take another break and finished strong. I haven't felt this good about a run in a long time. Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a trend. Other then the run I did no other workouts today. And I'm okay with this. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment